Auto Body Repair Consumer Bill of Rights
A Consumer is Entitled to:
- Select the auto body repair shop to repair auto body damage
covered by the insurance company. An insurance company shall not
require the repairs to be done at a specific auto body repair shop.
- An itemized written estimate for the auto body repairs and, upon
completion of repairs, a detailed invoice. These estimate and the
invoice must include an itemized list of parts and labor along with
the total price for the work performed. The estimate and invoice
must also identify all parts as new, used, aftermarket,
reconditioned, or rebuilt.
- Be informed about coverage for towing and storage services
- Be informed about the extent of coverage, if any, for a
replacement rental vehicle while a damaged vehicle is being
- Be informed of where to report suspected fraud or other
complaints and concerns about auto body repairs.